Policy for Disposal
of Roofing Materials
Effective July 28, 2011
See the Rates page for Disposal Fees
The intent of the
this policy is to assist NRRA Staff, Member Jurisdiction Representatives,
Member Area Residents, and Contractors with the proper management, handling,
and disposal of roofing material intended for disposal.
Please note; NRRA
cannot accept friable Asbestos Containing Material (ACM).
Member Area Residents with no disposal
- All roofing materials such as metal,
shingles, felt paper, etc. will be accepted unless fire damaged.
- Fire Damaged materials must be tested for asbestos and
friable or non-friable condition.
- Loads are to be containerized and
handled as asbestos containing materials.
- Tip Fees will be paid for by the load.
- NRRA staff will not assist in unloading
loads due to chance of rendering non-friable loads friable.
- All loads must be unloaded at the
working face for immediate burial.
Member Area Residents with a signed disposal
- With Material containing non-friable ACM:
- May be accepted as above.
- Billing will be handled as stated on the disposal permit
- With material that has been determined NOT to contain ACM:
- May be accepted as above
- NRRA may assist with the unloading of
the material with a signed release of liability.
- Loads may be unloaded at the
convenience area as determined by the Scale Operator.
- Roofing material will NOT be accepted without a Disposal Permit issued by the Member
- All materials will be deemed acceptable for disposal.
- All loads will be containerized if managed as non-friable ACM.
- Standard Tip feeper ton unless the material has been determined NOT to contain non-friable ACM.
- Tip Fees will be paid for by the load or applied to an account in good standing.
- NRRA staff will not assist in unloading loads without a signed release of liability.
- All loads must be unloaded at the working face.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Mulch Loader operation is Saturday only
7100 Cloyd's Mountain Road
PO Box 1246
Dublin VA 24084
Telephone: (540) 674-1677
Fax: (540) 674-1431